Casting Notes (Pilot): Michael Ealy (FlashForward), Sonya Walger (FlashForward), Mercedes Masohn (The Finder), Brad Beyer (Jericho), Alicia Coppola (Jericho).
- Travis and Wes Go To A Couple’s Therapy Session.
- It’s revealed That Travis and Wes Aren’t Gay, But Instead They’re Police Partners.
- Travis And Wes Go To a Crime Scene At a Local Park. A Body Was Discovered At That Location.
- The Body In The Park is A White John Doe. Wes Suspects that The Man Wasn’t Killed At The Scene.
- Wes And Travis Notice That the Man Is Missing His Shoes. They Then See a Man Wearing Expensive Shoes, Tha Most likely Belong To The Victim.
- Wes and Travis Engage in a Foot Pursuit, With the Suspect Wearing the Victim’s shoes.
- Travis and Wes Catch The Suspect. The Man Says that He stole The Shoes, But The Man Was Already Dead.
- It’s revealed That The Man’s Name Is Tobey; He is Also The Son Of a Federal Judge.
- It’s Revealed That the Murder Weapon was a scout Knife, These Knives Were Awarded to The Highest Achieving Scouts.
- The Prints On The Knife Get No Results.
- Wes And Travis Go To See Tobey’s Brother (Zach) And The Two’s Father. Wes and Travis Begin to Question Tobey’s Father, But Zach is Nowhere To be Found.
- It’s Revealed That Tobey Was Living In A Sober House. (He was Addicted to Heroin.)
- It’s revealed That Zach Was a Scout. (Could he Be the Killer?)
- Tobey’s Dad Says That on The Night of The Murder, Zach Was At Home Doing Extra Homework. (Zach is Dyslexic.)
- Travis and Wes Go To The Sober House Where Tobey Was Living.
- Travis and Wes Search Tobey’s Room At the sober house. While At The Sober House, Travis and Wes Run Into A Girl Named Gretchen. Gretchen Was Tobey’s Ex-Girlfriend, and She Says That Zach Is The Murderer.
- Zach Is Found On A Rooftop. Apparently He is Planning to Jump from the Roof And Commit Suicide.
- Wes Tries To Talk Zach Down From The Ledge.
- Zach Tells Wes That Before The Murder, Tobey Said That If Zach Didn’t Give him Money, Then He Would Be Killed By His Dealer. Zach Also Said That The Knife did Belong to Him, But that he gave it to Tobey.
- Wes and Travis Successfully Stop Zach From jumping.
- Travis and Wes Obtain Tobey’s Phone Records.
- It’s Revealed That Tobey Called A Person Named Dominic Santori Multiple Times.
- Travis And Wes Learn Tha Dominic Is A Suspected Heroin Smuggler. He Also Owns a High End Car Dealership.
- Travis and Wes Visit Dominic At His Dealership.
- Travis and Wes Discover Drugs Stashed In One Of The Cars At Dominic’s Dealership.
- Dominic Tells Travis and Wes That he Wasn’t In Town On The Night Of The Murder, But That He did Loan Tobey $5,000. He Said Tobey Kept Looking Back At The Vehicle That He Arrived In. Dominic Said That there was someone Else inside of the Vehicle That Tobey Drove To The dealership. The Car was a 69′ Chevelle.
- Travis and Wes Go To An Auto-Repair-Shop to See if Anyone Has seen The Chevelle.
- Travis and Wes Learn The License Plate Number of the 69′ Chevelle.
- Travis And Wes Locate The Chevelle at Tobey’s Girlfriend’s house. Tobey’s Girlfriend Says That She Was The Passenger On The Day That Tobey Visited Dominic. She Says That Tobey Didn’t use any of the money to By Drugs, Instead He Gave it to Her To Use For The Expenses Of Their infant Child.
- Wes tells His Ex (Alex) About Tobey’s Case. He Also Tells Her That He’s Going To Couple’s Therapy With Travis.
- It’s Revealed That Wes Was Once a Lawyer.
- Travis and Wes Learn That Toby Had Heroin In His System, On The Day Of His Death. However, Tobey Injected the Drug Into His Neck, Most Users Inject Heroin Into Their Arm. (Could he have been Forcibly Injected?)
- Someone Leaks Details Of the Case To The Press.
- Travis Swears That He’s Not The Person Who Leaked Details Of The Case, To The Press.
- Wes Learns That Tobey Was Dyslexic, and that the disconnected number that he dialed was one that wasn’t on speed-Dial. Therefore, He Dialed The Wrong Number Due To His Dyslexia.
- Wes and Travis Learn That Brady (A Fellow Detective) Was The Leak.
- Wes and Travis Learn That The Number Tobey Was Trying To Call, Was The Sober House’s Head Of Security’s Number. He Was Trying to Report That Someone on The premises Was Using Drugs.
- Travis And Wes Learn that Vince (The Owner Of The Sober House) Was The Person Who Was Using Drugs. Vince is Arrested.
- Travis And Wes Solve The Case, And Provide their Evidence To The D.A.
Favorite Episode Quote(s):
1) “Why Do They Get To Leave” - Member of Couple’s Therapy
2) “Mike, You Used To Eat Nails For Breakfast. What Happened To You?” – Laura (D.A.)
3) “Admit You Dinged The Car door.” – Wes
4) “Do You Even Know You’re Obsessive Compulsive?” – Travis
The Series Premiere of Common Law Really Grabbed My Attention. This Off-Beat Comedy About The Dysfunctional Relationship of Two Detectives, really Kept Me Entertained. This Show Has Serious Points In The Story, As Well As Humorous Aspects. Tonight Was The Premiere, But It Felt Like I’ve Been Watching This Show For Months (Which Is A Good thing). I Look Forward To This Season Of Common Law. I Would Definitely Recommend This Show. Watch Common Law Live: Friday’s at 10/9C. On USA.
The promo got me to watch and I felt it took some time to get its grove but once it did I thoroughly enjoyed it. The buddy cop comedy is reason enough to watch the show but it also does tackle cases along with it. I will defiantly be tuning in next week to see where the show is going.